Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wait 'Til The Sun Shines Nellie

Wednesday

The weather has changed again. The forecast for today was pretty good but it's raining and the sky's not too promising right now. Ruskin's "pathetic fallacy" springs to mind where nature mirrors human emotion and reflects our sorrow or joy. Well right now the weather suggests that Bogsville is entering another blue period.

The phone rang last night. Turned out to be one of the three guys I shared a flat with all those years ago when I was a student. He phoned to say that Roddy, one of the other guys in the flat, is now sitting next to a phone in Scotland waiting for a liver transplant. Too much gin and whisky have "wreaked havoc" on his innards. Livers are only transplanted when the prognosis is dire so when his pager goes off he's got an hour for a helicopter to get him to the transplant unit.

The call put paid to last night's trip to a local bar. I just didn't feel like it somehow. I've known Roddy since we were eleven years old and we kind of cut our drinking teeth together.

As I type, the sky is brightening, just hope it's a sign of better news to come.

I've just got back from another session of destructive gardening to find an in box full of mail.

In response to the cris de coeur from C.Parker-Bowles - Look lady, if you don't want to become the Queen of England, why are you shacking up with HRH? If it is just for the occasional gallop bit, I suggest you would be better orf getting a younger model. Anyway from what I hear there's currently a surfeit of old queens in the UK.

Why ask me? - I'm just a member of the Lumpenproletariat.

back 

arrow
teomalink