Saturday, March 19, 2005

Ivy's Ghost Appears

Thursday

Don't you just hate ivy? I've been ripping it off fences all day.

The stuff comes through from next door and tries to strangle everything in its path.

I've cut through all the stems I can find and removed all the bits I can get to and now my hands look like they've been fighting a losing battle with barbed wire.

As soon as "them next door" go out shopping I shall be spraying what's left on my side with weed killer.

Every year we have the same problem - they love it - we hate it and now it's trying to climb up the side wall of the Bogs abode.

I guess they think it looks rustic. I can't help but notice that they don't like it enough to grow it on their own walls.

At least the temperature is a Springlike 10°C today and it's dry. Sure beats Manitoba.

back 

arrow
teomalink