Monday, February 28, 2005

Ballcock Torture

Monday

It's cold enough to freeze the nuts off a brass monkey here in Bogsville. I've been up in the roof space replacing a ballcock, if that's the right term for it.

The overflow from the central heating header tank was dripping and when I braved taking a look, found that the ballcock had filled with water and had sunk.

Rather than pay someone the $120 call out charge I bought a new float for $1 and did it myself. If you include getting up the ladder I reckon it took 3 minutes. I'm going to become a professional, ballcock fixer.

Prince Charles On Torture

So the poor guy feels that he's been "tortured" by the Brits over his relationship with whatever her name is. Tortured? I reckon there are a few guys in Abu Ghraib prison and in Guantanamo Bay who would disagree.

But then what can you expect from a guy who visits Sri Lanka and says that he has been "moved" and was "terribly upset" by the loss of more than 31,000 lives.

That's Bush, Blair and poor tortured Charles who make me want to throw up. Excuse me I feel a movement coming on.

This Beggars Belief

A seven year old girl who has only ever been fed through a tube after being diagnosed in a UK hospital as having Bulbar Palsy, which prevented her from swallowing solid food, was flown to California for treatment.

Tests at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Stanford, California, indicated she merely had swollen tonsils. She is now tubeless and eating normally.

£10,000 for a trip to diagnose swollen tonsils! I told you that UK hospitals were a danger to health.

back 

arrow
teomalink