Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Research Help Needed

Tuesday.
Advent Calendar.

They're all on the fiddle behind the bar

I've got a real problem here. I'm supposed to be researching prices for Dvd players. I am not sure why because we haven't got a single dvd. I think it's because someone keeps sticking adverts for cheap players through the door.

I suspect it's just retailers wanting to off-load old technology on old boggers like me. I've had a look and have spotted a multi-region Denon. The trouble is that I don't know if it's any better than the ones that they are virtually giving away.

I'm sitting here listening to my headbanger cd and have to admit that it's growing on me. If I turn the volume down it doesn't even hurt my ears and my head hasn't collided with anything so far. It must be the volume that does it for headbangers. I've noticed that they do it standing up whereas jazz fans, being older, tend to do it sitting down when they're not researching or walking eviscerated dogs.

Wind Farms Back In The News

The Dunoon Observer http://dunoon-observer.co.uk reports that
"A RETIRED schoolteacher is spearheading a fight to halt a wind farm development opposite his home in Kilfinan, near Tighnabruaich. The development, across the water on the Kintyre peninsula, has been designated as consisting of fifteen 375 foot-high turbines, but could be as many as 45.

The turbines are 50 feet higher than the Red Road flats in Glasgow, the highest tower blocks in Europe."
back 

arrow
teomalink