Saturday, December 04, 2004

Milt Bogs - Headbunger

Wednesday. Advent Calendar.

nerve engine

Back in Bogsville after a headbanging session up North. Milt was by far the oldest banger at the gig and the only one without a mysterious black cross on the back of his left hand. The mark is to prove that you have paid and enables you to get back in if you have to go to the gents or the bar. We used to have tickets back in the good old days.

I refused to be branded. The guys on the door said, "It's ok - we'll remember you". I wasn't quite sure what they meant by that.

So there I was in a room full of young boggers swinging their heads and anything else that wasn't tied down with half a bog roll stuffed in my ears to protect what's left of my hearing. The next thing I know I'm being questioned by a young lady. I didn't know she was from California until I removed the bog paper from one ear."Are you enjoying the gig? Have you seen them before?" What a nice young lady. They certainly know how to look after old boggers in California. Perhaps it's the Mexican or whatever connection.

By the time I'd finished drinking and swinging my bits about it was after midnight and I was having problems remembering who I was. You know what these young boggers are like with their spiked hair, spiked drinks and spiked everything else. If I wasn't being looked after so well I might have ended up being slipped one of those date rape drugs. It's much safer in the Hole in the Ground with Merl and Raul.

Today has passed by in a haze.

Spotted Graham Elderson at the gig drinking and popping off snapshots. Strange way to prepare for a marathon. He promised me some photos. Hope he got one of the lady from California.

They don't bother with cabs up North - they have a man who comes round with a lorry and takes your car where you want it to go - I think.

Car Bogged
back 

arrow
teomalink