Monday, December 27, 2004

Light Pollution in Bogsville

Monday.

No post yesterday. Apparently Boxing Day as it's known in UK does not exist in US, except in homes that have a UK connection.

Now that all the leaves have gone from the trees at the back of the house we have a problem with a powerful floodlight mounted on some appartments that seems to aim its beam directly into our bedroom window. I can't work out whether it's supposed to deter burglars or just light up a car parking area but it comes on at night and then cycles on for 20 seconds, off for 1 second then back on again all night until it gets light. Must cost them a fortune in electricity bills.

If you manage to get to sleep it's a miracle and if you wake up during the night it stops you getting back to sleep. A visit to the property is called for.

I'm amazed that I can post anything here. My screen resolution setting has mysteriously changed so that the words on the screen are virtuallly invisible to me unless I wear two pairs of glasses and the icons on my desktop are all in the wrong place so that I have to hunt for them, unsuccessfully unless I'm wearing the aforementioned double glasses.

Just remembered that it's Monday. 07:59 and there's a full moon watching over me from a clear sky as I type.

there's a full moon watching over me

Babies Having Babies

The Daily News seems to imply that young females in the Bronx are to blame for soaring birth rates.

"Maybe there's something in the water up in the Bronx. That, at least, might offer an excuse. The unpleasant alternative is to think that young Bronx women are simply irresponsible, ignorant or dumb".

The moral of this story is - If you are single and female don't visit Bethlehem or the Bronx.

back 

arrow
teomalink