Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Easily - I don't think so!

Tuesday.

Advent Calendar.

The clan is gathering for the festive season. I have spent about two hours trying to get my son's email account working on this damn computer. I know the settings are correct - I've pasted them from Easily's original email to me when I renewed the account earlier this year. We can send emails out of the account but the incoming mails aren't showing up.

I go to Easily's site and am told that everything is working fine so I go back to checking the server settings and password etc in the email account - still no joy. Eventually I go back to Easily's site for a third time and find a message -

System Status at 10:47am Tue December 21, 2004.
We are experiencing technical problems with certain email services. This may result in a limited service for certain customers. Our engineers are working on a solution and we hope that full service will resume shortly.

Technical problems with certain email services! You mean the POP3 server's blown up or down. Bloody marvelous isn't it. You muck about trying to fix an error that doesn't exist in the first place until you screw up everything else. Then you find out that the fault is on a computer thousands of miles away. Don't these people have a way of spotting a server fault as soon as it occurs and posting the information straight away.

back 

arrow
teomalink