Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Omega Watch Service Department

Track of the day - Partlife - Prince Edward Island.

omega_seamaster de villeSince May 1965 I've been the proud owner of an Omega watch.
The watch has been busily winding itself and ticking away the seconds while seven UK Prime Ministers and seven US Presidents have come and gone. The longest that I've been without it was when I left it hanging on a peg in a shower in the South of France and someone walked off with it.
Three weeks later they handed it in to the camp site office and I got it back.
Apart from those two weeks it has only been off my wrist when it required a service. And thereby hangs a tale.
Last November 29th I decided that it needed a service and as I had a 'good will' voucher from Omega for a free service, off it went to The Omega Watch Company Service Department.
And yes, it's been with them ever since, despite the fact that they sent me a letter on the 6th of December saying that they expected to complete the repair in two weeks. So much for the good will. I'm beginning to think that they've either lost it or sold it on eBay.

Wrong on both counts

Omega service department inform me that they only received the 'good will' free service voucher at the beginning of February, hence the delay.
If that is true, it begs the question why didn't they ask for another copy when they wrote to me on 06/12/07?
At least the watch is neither lost nor advertised on eBay!
The letter ended with an ominous sounding,
"It will only be returned, once we are entirely satisfied your watch is performing to Factory specification."
I may never see it again.

For those of you who find the fate of my watch mind numbingly dull. Here's a link to a picture of Stan wearing his coat and neck brace.
The local Accident and Emergency department say they won't know whether they can remove what's left of the camera from my forehead until they've examined the scans more carefully.
back 

arrow
teomalink