Thursday, February 14, 2008

Friction Burns

Track of the day - Partlife - Prince Edward Island.

lurcher_hurtlingLast week I took Stan for a walk on the end of one of those extending leads. It seemed like a good idea. Give him some freedom but keep him under control at the same time.
This week I have plasters on the fingers of my left hand, a pair of ripped gloves, a fleece with friction burn holes on the right sleeve and a waterproof jacket that looks like someone took a knife to it.
All this because Stan took off after a labrador that sneaked up behind him and tried to sniff his ass. Stan objected strongly and set off in pursuit. I grabbed hold of the rapidly extending cord to stop him. It was a mistake I won't be making again.
Stan's fine, my fingers are recovering, I've sewn up the fleece, binned the gloves and banished the extending lead.
If that labrador's daft enough to stick his nose up Stan's ass again he can look after his own welfare from now on.

back 

arrow
teomalink