Monday, January 28, 2008

A Gentle Stroll

Track of the day - Partlife - Prince Edward Island.

stanley_full throttle

I have just got back from what was intended to be a gentle stroll with the dog. The dog had other ideas.
He seems to have two modes - fast asleep and hurtle.
The back lawn used to resemble a bowling green but thanks to the dog's hurtling it now resembles a ploughed field.

Hearing Test

Last week I took my ancient analogue hearing aid along to the local hospital to get it retubed and to get some of their wonderful free batteries.
The receptionist took one look at it and decided that I needed a more modern model.
On the wall of the audiology unit there was a poster showing museum pictures of NHS hearing aids. It indicated that my hearing aid was discontinued some time before 1980 which just shows how long the NHS waiting lists for hearing aids are round here.
With any luck I might get a new digital model some time before my eightieth birthday - if I ever reach that landmark, which seems unlikely if Stanley doesn't master his braking system.
At the moment the old retubed aid is working fine except that the new tube is too short and I'm a bit self conscious about appearing in public with a lump of pink plastic hanging out of my left ear.

RSPB Birdwatch 2008

Mrs B decided that I should give up an hour yesterday to count the birds in the back garden.
Usually there is an endless stream of feathered visitors but there were very few flying in yesterday.

sparrowhawk

It might have had something to do with the bedraggled sparrowhawk that decided to lurk in next door's apple tree. Mrs B feeds the little birds and the little birds feed the sparrowhawk.
Next time I spend an hour counting birds I'll make sure there there isn't a sparrowhawk in the area first. I would have frightened it off but without my glasses I thought it was a pigeon.

Prince Edward Island TV

The PEI band videos are available here from MySpace TV. I always wondered what happened to the suit I donated to charity. It had full length trousers when I used to wear it.
Question - Is Prince Edward Island the only band currently displaying an ironing board on TV?

Labels: , , ,

back 

arrow
teomalink