Monday, November 12, 2007

A Nawk & An Howl

Track of the day - I am a pig & you are a cow - Prince Edward Island.

kestrel_jpgJust in case you're not a bird expert, this is a nawk. Well that's what most people round here call them.
I was nawk admiring this morning when a lady wearing a very smart bird watching hat and bird watching body warmer examined it through her very expensive bird watching binoculars and told me the nawk was actually a kestrel.
Just after she'd finished putting me straight, an old guy came along with his dog and told me it was a nawk.
I told him it was little but definitely a nawk and he agreed.
The bird watching lady walked off in disgust.

owl_jpg

Up in his oak tree the owl, or howl if you prefer to add an haitch, was fast asleep. The nawk wasn't big enough to bother him.
The park ranger says he calls the howl Rocky.

For anyone who prefers beatles to nawks and howls here's a link to Baby's In Black from the Shea Stadium concert. I love the shot of Mum handing out tissues to her daughter.

back 

arrow
teomalink